Monday, May 07, 2012

Think Big Dream High,E3-Be The Professionals


The early years


I came from the village. Now, I reside in the city. My primary school days were spent in the village. As a result of my dedication, intelligence and brightness I went on to study in the city and later entered University. I continued my post graduate studies overseas(USA). I succeeded as a professional. I succeeded in my career as a professional manager in the government linked companies or corporations (GLC) as well as in the private sector. Praised be to Allah, I succeeded in life.

The professionals among my countrymen


When I looked around me and read statistics reports on the number of professionals, I was taken aback. I assumed my countrymen are as successful as I am,and many have become managers and successful professionals. In actual fact it was far from the truth. Eventhough my countrymen are the majority but the number of professionals and managers among my countrymen are still in the minority. That to me is sheer luck. My countrymen are still controlling the political powers in my country. There are still many more government policies that gave preferences to my countrymen.The practiise of meritocracy is not 100% and not in all fields. There are still many more corporate bodies, government agencies,GLCs that provide scholarships, study loans and job opportunities to the students among my countrymen. There are still many more GLCs that provide opportunities and employed the professionals among my countrymen. My countrymen have all the while enjoyed these privileges. Privileges created and prepared for the students, professionals and managers among my countrymen. Why? The reason being, my government is still being controlled by the political masters who are my countrymen. They are still responsible to care for the needy, uphold integrity and pride of my countrymen. They still care for every aspects of the less fortunate among my countrymen.

The Umbrella

My countrymen, will these kind of scenario continues?. Will these privileges remain forever my countrymen? Will the policies that act as an umbrella and magic wand for my countrymen continues to be upheld?.All these questions need not be answered. No matter what the answers will be, it will not change anything unless we, my countrymen changes our attitude. We are the ones who need to explore our weaknesses and imperfection. Not just exploring but work hard to overcome it. We are the ones who need to upgrade ourselves. We need to excel ourselves especially in education and business.We need to produce more accountants,pilots,lawyers,doctors, engineers,architects,managers,researchers,technologists,nurses, dentists, entrepreneurs,corporate figures and businessmen amongst our countrymen.

In comparison,which community produces more accountants,pilots, lawyers,doctors,engineers,architects,managers,researchers,technologists,nurses, dentists, entrepreneurs, corporate figures and businessmen?The statistics clearly indicates that eventhough my countrymen comprises 60% of the total population but the number of my countrymen in the professional categories that I mentioned above are on the average below 30%. Where have they gone to?Will they remain as normal executives,teachers,clerks, dispatch boy, runners, laborers, factory workers and drivers only? What about the other communities?, Will the numbers in these kind of vocation exceed that of my countrymen?. The answer is clear and need not be elaborated. The fact remains unchanged, my countrymen still needs the umbrella.

Work hard

Which community is controlling the country’s economy? Are they from the clerks, dispatch boy, factory workers or drivers category? Or are they from the accountants,pilots, lawyers, doctors, engineers, entrepreneurs, corporate figures or businessmen category? The answers again need not be elaborated. All communities are important. All communities contributed towards the country’s development. The question is which community contributed more and largely controlled the economy and wealth of this country? Which community received 5 figure and above income a month? Which community are categorized as millionaires?Again,all these questions need not be answered.

Please work hard my countrymen. My countrymen, as parents, we should encouraged our children not only to excel in their studies but also succeed as engineers, succeed as doctors. In other words our children must be ambitious enough and have vision to succeed as professionals. Don’t succeed only as graduates in the field of history, pure science, geography, literature, religious knowledge, sociology arts and culture, management or economy. Succeed as an engineer, succeed as a doctor.

Fill up the job market in this country as engineers and doctors and lawyers.Engineers or lawyers can also be personnel managers, marketing executive, a district officer or a diplomatic officer. There’s nothing wrong with it as long as we are good at managing. Be knowledgeable my countrymen. Knowledgeable at the professional level. Be in control of wealth, my countrymen. Improve our living standards now, my countrymen. Other people’s children can be accountants. My countrymen’s children can also become accountants. Other people’s children can become engineers, my countrymen’s children can also become engineers. Other people’s children can become entrepreneurs, my countrymen’s children can also become entrepreneurs. Other people’s children can become corporate figures, and businessmen, my countrymen’s children can also become corporate figures and businessmen. InsyaAllah with intelligence, diligence,a strong willpower,always think big dream high and has a strong heart,my countrymen can also become millionaires. Millionaires here in this world and in the hereafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment